Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The plans for the future

My journey to pregnancy hasn't been easy this time around. This past April marks the one year anniversary of us TTC. We have had two pregnancy this past year, both ending in miscarriage. We have also had a bunch of other worries: irregular cycles, huge blood clots, hemorrhaging during a period, extremely long menstrual cycles (3 months at a time). I have found out I have some issues with my vitamins as well. Apparently, I don't absorb vitamins like a normal person does. I am very low on vitamin D and B-12 (these are crucial, I have been told, in early pregnancy). These are ongoing issues that I will more than likely have to deal with the rest of my life.

On our journey right now, we are just focusing on getting my body back into balance. I am planning on taking Vitex (think herbal Clomid) to normalize my cycles and increase my ovulation. I am also planning on starting on cream progesterone. I am estrogen dominate, apparently. (All of this stuff has really just come to my attention.)

I was ready for a break after the last miscarriage (at 10 weeks). We had decided a few months ago to "give it a break". I just couldn't continue and really needed to heal after our loss. We have really started to look into the "why" of all of this. I was really hoping things would just "work themselves out" naturally. I think I am really going to have to focus on getting healthy and possibly waiting until all is well to continue TTC.

Another one of my concerns is, I may not be ready to actually be pregnant. I don't want to go through all of this, get pregnant, get really close to the "safe zone" (3 month marker), just to have another miscarriage. I really do want another one, I just feel like I can't handle another disappointment or loss. The last one was really devastating, especially since I really started to believe that I was going to be able to keep that baby. This next time, I won't be telling anyone until I am five months along. I don't want the drama and then I will KNOW (hopefully) that this baby isn't going anywhere!

Here is to a new game plan and a newer brighter outlook for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment